This is the place I will cover the stats of each country as we go.
As usual, follow along at:
Anyway, let's get into it:
Side Note: This edition will be a little out of order as we ducked in to Canada in the midst of a little United States circuit. So you'll get the Canada (Toronto) bit now, then the United States edition once that leg is finished.
Rough rules: I will count the flight (or bus) TO that country as tracks IN that country.
- New Orleans --> Orlando --> Toronto = 2,686 km
- Toronto --> Niagara --> Toronto = 254 km
- Toronto --> Hamilton Airport = 84 km
- About 800m on the Niagara falls boat...
- 31.7 km
Total = 3,056.5 km
Rough rules: I will count the flight (or bus) TO that country as an expense IN that country.
Total expense: $2,264.58 AUD
Total Days: 5 Days inclusive
Expense per day = $452.92 AUD/Day
Expenses Breakdown (mathematical, not emotional):
The accomodation line item is greatly reduced because we stayed with Alix. Thanks, Alix!!
This was partly by necessity - Toronto accomodation listings are insane; I mean actually detached from reality...
Just influencers. It was all I could find. Toronto is a fairly trendy place...
The Canadian trope of politeness is completely borne out. They are lovely people. Quite a striking change from their southern neighbours...
An explanation of Travel Bingo is here.
- I will leave you with some of Canada's great outputs...
- And the best thing to ever come out of Canada
Culinary Corner by a Non-Foodie:
- Found Coffee - run by an Australian (I'm told) so serves excellent breakfasts and coffee.
- Pizzeria Badiali - Extremely popular pizza place that we had to book our order ahead by about a week; otherwise you line up outside for whatever is left over.
- Anywhere on Ossington Avenue - there are Michelin recommended restaurants, cafes, bakeries everywhere.
- Avondale Dairy Bars - Some of the best ice cream you can get. We had it on the way home from Niagara falls.
Tips and Tricks:
- Don't fly with Spirit airlines. They are a cheap North American flight option but they are not worth it - they will be reliably delayed, cancelled, delayed...or delayed.
- Ossington avenue is a trendy little area full of bars, cafes and restaurants.
- Then Trinity Bellwoods Park is a fun place to sit in the sun with a picnic.
- Niagara falls is easily driveable and can be done as a day/half-day trip. It is a really fun little boat tour with an amazing view of the walls. You will get wet. They give you ponchos.
- Go and have a look at the CN Tower - you can't miss it and it has amazing views.
- We had a fabulous time in Toronto. And we loved cathing up with Alix.
- Toronto is an expensive town. Comparable to the big cities in the United States further south.
Thanks for reading along.
The next country update will come... after the next country.
Weekly updates will come...weekly.