This is the place I will cover the stats of each country as we go.
As usual, follow along at:
Anyway, let's get into it:
Rough rules: I will count the flight (or bus) TO that country as tracks IN that country.
- Larnaca - Malta = 1,741 km
- Probably about 40km between airport transfers and Ubers around town
- About 35 km
- 18.9 km
Total = 1,834.9 km
Rough rules: I will count the flight (or bus) TO that country as an expense IN that country.
Total expense: $2,473.56 AUD
Total Days: 4 Days inclusive
Expense per day = $618.39 AUD/Day
Expenses Breakdown (mathematical, not emotional):
- The Influencer - II
An explanation of Travel Bingo is here.
- Malta is a bit like Cyprus in that it is ancient and has been ruled by everybody. I mean, even Napoleon was there.
- So nothing specific, but any historical thing will eventually touch Malta…
- There is some cool stuff about the Knights of St John of Malta (and Jerusalem and Cyprus…) - they still exist.
Culinary Corner by a Non-Foodie:
- Little Argentina in Sliema was a suprisingly good spot for an anniversary dinner.
- La Crema for coffee. Also in Sliema. Was excellent.
Tips and Tricks:
- Uber works fine in Malta.
- Go and visit the old town in Valletta. It is amazing and one of the better old towns I have ever seen. It is somewhere that you can look out over the harbour and think “yes, I am standing in an ancient place…” - also Gladiator 2 is filming there…
- An incredibly densely populated place, that produces nothing and doesn’t have enough water nor power….but is still lovely.
- Mediterranean swims, rocky coast, pretty good coffees.
Thanks for reading along.
The next country update will come... after the next country.
Weekly updates will come...weekly.