So there was a hiatus period where I jumped off the Denouement to head back to Australia for a few weeks to do some locum work in a regional Private Hospital while Casey was hosting Pole Dance Retreats in Bali.
I had a lot of free time on my hands.
So I did some more expense tracking.
And also tracked my dietary intake for some reason…
- Maroochydore - Sydney - Dubbo - Sydney - Maroochydore = 2,288 km
- About 15 km worth of taxi rides
- About 20 km
Total = 2,323 km
Total expense: $1,606.07 AUD
Total Days: 21 Days inclusive
Expense per day = $76.48 AUD/Day
Expenses Breakdown (mathematical, not emotional):
Flights, accomodation and airport taxi transfers were all included.
So the transportation is just cab fares with my groceries around the place.
Coffee expenses making up 13% of the total is quite wonderful…
Diet Tracking (for some reason…):
- Average Intake = 3334 Calories/day
- Maximum = 4310 Calories
- Minimum = 2171 Calories
- Average Protein Intake = 185 g/day
- Average Carbohydrate Intake = 254 g/day
- Average Fat iIntake = 161 g/day
Grocery List (Cumulative):
- 2.5kg beef - various cuts
- Middle rasher bacon 1750g
- Dozen eggs x 4
- English muffins x 5 packet
- 2 x Beef ragou 750g
- Pepsi max x 30 cans + 1.25 L bottle
- Milk x 3L
- Lamb shoulder 550g (oven bake, didn’t have an oven…)
- Bananas x 16
- Honey 340g
- Peanut Butter 375g
- Rolled Oats 1kg
- Strawberries 1250g
- Yoghurt 920g
- Burger Urge (a couple of times…)
- Zambreros (also a couple of times…)
- Press Cafe - excellent cafe which became my weekend breakfast spot
- Jimmy Barnett Espresso - good coffees on the Main Street
- CSC - milkshake, coffees
- Maccas - a family meal to serve 4 while watching the rugby league prelim final
- Domino’s - two large pizzas (bbq chicken and rasher bacon, bbq meat lovers) garlic bread, lava cake
- Total of 36 coffees from the Dubbo Public Hospital cafe
- Transiency in a regional town without a car is not particularly exciting.
- Although it is financially very advantageous…and you get to know the cabbies.
- I did go to the gym while I was there. But I ate a lot of whatever I wanted…
- Locum work in daylight hours is much more enjoyable than nights. Would recommend.
Thanks for reading along.