Essentially the ramblings of two adults that probably require adult supervision.
As usual, follow along at:
Anyway, let's get into it:
28/9/23 - Day 232: GT, BW
- Bit of a busy start on the wards with lots of discharges.
- Then a very quiet afternoon.
- Lots of coffees.
- A lovely oldie handed out chocolates as she was discharged.
- And a little paed compared his Spider-Man velcro shoes to my dodgy crocs.
- After work went dow to the gym for a bit.
- Came back and cooked up steak and eggs.
- And watched ‘The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar’ on Netflix - the Road Dahl short story by Wes Anderson. Was excellent.
- Casey was hosting and going out to dinner in Bali…
29/9/23 - Day 233: GT, BW
- Last day on the wards.
- Sorted out some meds.
- Had lots of coffees.
- After work walked down and dropped off my gym card.
- Wandered to Burger Urge.
- Got some burgers and taxi’s home to watch a movie - ‘Reptile’ on Netflix. Was good.
- Packed up.
30/9/23 - Day 234: GT, BW
- Travel day.
- Was already packed.
- Finished tidying up.
- Grabbed a coffee from over the road at the hospital.
- Then waited with my bags for my taxi that I had booked.
- Only 10 minutes or so to the airport.
- Easy through security.
- Then sat and waited around for a while.
- Bunch of young girls in to their second round of spirits by 0930 waiting for their flight to Sydney…
- Easy flight.
- Changed terminals in Sydney.
- Then ambled around, grabbed some crappy burrito for lunch.
- Waited at the gate.
- Then an only 30 minute delayed JetStar flight to Maroochydore.
- In to a taxi. Back to the house. Got changed. Then round to the Unlce and Aunty’s to watch the end of the AFL Grand Final. Was good. They had steak.
- Home. Fed the dog.
- Watched the John Wick series with the dog.
- Casey was recovering from a good dose of Bali Belly…
1/10/23 - Day 235: GT, BW
- Chill day.
- Beach and coffee in the morning.
- Then breakfast with Rian and Demi after they popped down to the beach.
- Home and grabbed Rusty and took him for a walk on the beach.
- Got some subway for lunch and watched a movie on Netflix ‘A Million Miles Away’ - was good.
- Washed some clothes
- Beach and coffee again in the afternoon.
- Then cooked myself a big steak and watched the NRL Grand Final.
- Meanwhile Casey was chilling on Nusa Penida… (she survived Bali Belly)
2/10/23 - Day 236: GT, BW
- Beach. Swim. Coffee.
- Breakfast at a cafe.
- Walked the dog.
- More beach in the afternoon after Mum and Dad got back from Melbourne.
- Casey was chilling on Nusa Lembogan…
3/10/23 - Day 237: GT, BW
- Swim and a coffee before…
- Breakfast with all the Crazy Women.
- Sat around a cafe for hours.
- Afterwards I went and voted In the referendum.
- Ended up having Korean chicken rice bowl for lunch.
- Back to the beach in the afternoon.
- Casey was snorkelling in Bali…
4/10/23 - Day 238: GT, BW
- Travel day.
- Quick swim and a coffee.
- Already had everything packed.
- Shower and got changed. And Mum and Dad dropped me off at the airport.
- Check in a little annoying because Virgin made a thing of me not having an onward ticket out of Greece. Australian airlines - will pry into your onward travel plans internationally but barely be able to get you to your domestic destination….at all.
- Brisbane to Melbourne.
- Long wait in Melbourne.
- Melbourne to Abu Dhabi.
- Decently long wait there.
- Meanwhile Casey was doing boat back to Bali Island, bike to pole training, car to airport, flight to Singapore…